You’ve decided to take the matrimonial plunge!
Romantic declarations have been made and you are super excited for your big day! And now the planning of what may be the biggest event of your life begins. You are probably asking yourself, where do I start? Planning your wedding can be a lot of fun, but it can also be quite stressful. We will be posting a series of helpful tips and resources that will take the pressure off. Some of the first tips to consider are…..
- Establish boundaries from the start. Remember that this is your wedding. Make a list of must-haves that are very important to you. It is always nice when a wedding is reflective of who the couple actually is.
- Stay centered and remember who is important to you. While planning a wedding even the closest of relationships can be under strain. Remember to maintain a united front with your partner. You may disagree on a number of things, but it is very important to keep perspective and remember to compromise. Also, be kind to your in-laws. They will be in your life for a long time to come.
- Use a wedding check list. Planning a wedding can seem overwhelming if you don’t have a concrete plan. Not to worry, there are plenty of online resources available to help you. Online check lists are a good place to start. Make sure to customize the list to include items that are of particular importance to you and exclude those that don’t apply.
- Delegate, Delegate, Delegate. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Planning a wedding is lots of work and there will be many willing to lend a helpful hand.
- Plan a spa day for you and your bridesmaids. During your engagement and on your wedding day your bridesmaids will likely be helping you out a lot. Show them that you appreciate it by spending a relaxing day together. A spa day will allow your group to beautify for your big day and will also give you a chance to relax, a needed break from the chaos.
- Create a wedding day schedule for you and everyone in your party. Having your day planned out will allow for a smoother day overall. You have worked hard. Your day has finally arrived. Enjoy yourself!
You might also like
- Chef’s Recipe: Phyllo Salmon
- Planning the Ultimate Company Holiday Party
- Marquee Autumn Menu Launch ~ 2018
- OLIVES, WINE & FIGS….